Archive for December, 2011
Tags: Reading Challenges
Hosted by Chickloveslit.
What books count towards the SRC?
Any second YA or MG book published by an author in 2012 counts – it can be the second in a series, a new series, or a standalone. The only requirement is that it is the SECOND book the author has published in the YA or MG realm (and it must publish in 2012 in your home country)! I have started a Goodreads list HERE – as you can see, there are probably many many books on that list you are planning on reading already
When does the challenge run?
Books read before January 2013 count for this challenge.
Why should I join this challenge?
Reading debut novels is AWESOME. It is by far my favorite challenge – it allows me to find many new authors that I love. What better way to support these authors than to read their next published book?
What are the guidelines of the challenge?
Your challenge is to read 10 sophomore YA/MG novels in 2012. To officially participate, you need a Goodreads account or blog where you post reviews in English.
What should I do if I’m an author coming out with a sophomore novel?
I would love to feature you on my blog! Please contact me via THIS FORM or by e-mail (shanynlee at gmail.com).
How do I join?
Link your blog or Goodreads account below, and make a list of the sophomore novels you’re looking forward to
There will be prize packs given away to challenge participants throughout next year. You will receive an automatic entry for signing up to participate – options for additional entries will be announced at the time of the giveway.
My List (So Far):
1. A Million Suns by Beth Revis
2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
3. Perception by Kim Harrington
4. Fever by Lauren DeStefano
5. Outpost by Ann Aguirre
6. A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton
Tags: Reading Challenges
Level I – Read 5 books from the 2011 Book Blogger Recommendation List
Level II – Read 10 books
Level III – Read 15 books
Level IV – Read 20 books
Level V – Read 20+ books
- Challenge will run January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. Participants can join anytime throughout the challenge.
- Create an intro post, linking back to this post.
- Sign up with the MckLinky below. Please link to your challenge intro post, not your blog home page.
- Chose your own books from the list. You can decide to read books only on the Top 25 list or from the entire recommendation list. You do not have to make a list of books before the challenge begins.
- All forms of books acceptable (audiobooks, eBooks, etc.)
- Rereads do not count towards the completion of the challenge. The challenge is about discovering books that are new to you.
- You don’t need a blog to participate.
- Reviews, while always appreciated, are not mandatory.
My Level – Level III
1. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
2. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
5. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
6. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
7. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
8. Poison Study by Maria V.Snyder
9. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater
10. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
11. The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
12. Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck
13. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
14. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
15. Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor